Nov 11, 2009

EuroTrip - Day 59

Tuesday in Paris

One more lazy day. No real event as such. No train travel either (unless of course I don't ignore the journey in Paris Metro).

My experiment to make a aloo sabji met with a cruel accident today. I just do not understand how to handle the butter in the pan. Whenever I put butter on the heated pan, the kitchen gets filled with smoke. Luckily there are no fire alarms in our home, else I would have troubled the poor caretaker atleast 5 times by now. Today, it was to be even more disastrous as I had also put dhaniya powder and lal mirch powder for the tadka. What a tadka it was!! Poori building ko pata chal gaya hoga. Thank god they did not call Police for suspected development of WMD in our kitchen. Anyways, if you can read this blog entry, that is a clear indication that the sabji came out edible. Let me assure that all my roommates are safe too.

Today's Big Management Fads class goes to the purple girl. Our professor has an uncanny sense of humor and keeps the class entertained throughout. I am really loving this class. His way of discussing management tools like TQM and Kaizen is quite similar to that taken by Saral Da. I never realized but I am actually missing my first year classes from IIMA. They were so much fun and insightful. Whenever I try to compare my experience of learning in ESCP with that in IIMA, I find myself favoring IIMA classes with very high odds. Our courses are much more focused and in depth. Their emphasis is on building the basics while here in ESCP the emphasis is mostly on the application and result side. I have been told that in ESCP best of the courses are not offered in English. That means tha we visiting students can take up only the second rung courses. I wonder if this indeed is the case. I really think that we, at IIMA, give a much better deal to the visiting students.

I watched Gladiator last night. It was a treat to watch. I really want to get back to my movie watching days. It's been long since I have updated myself at passionforcinema.com. From the mainstream cinema, I recently saw the trailer of Three Idiots. This picture seem to have all the ingredient to become a hit. Looking forward to see some good commercial bollywood cinema. It's getting released on 25th Dec. I can imagine how hectic my xmas vacation is going to be!

No comments: