Nov 3, 2009

EuroTrip - Day 38

The CleanUp Act

It is so hard to get up at 5am if you have slept at 4am after a really long day and if you have no clue about what to do after getting up so early. As my alarm performed its duty, I also did what was expected from me. I got up immediately, logged in the system and went to the chat room in Skype. We had not made any progress. The one hour power nap had not done any wonder for me, either. I was as blank as before sleeping. There was no way my staying up was going to change fortune of my group, so I slept again. Another hour of recharging in case it helps. Else God is always there. ;-)

The journey to college seemed to be a never ending one (later I got to know that there was a lot of interruptions in the local transportation system due to strike by the employees). All through the way, I kept looking for that tiny ray of hope that our assignment was ready to be submitted. I reached class just in time and was relieved to see my group-mates there. At least I won't be the lone martyr for the day.

My group-mate handed me a hard copy of our submission. God! It was the complete presentation. Those girls had done some magic in the last few hours and completed the work. My instant reaction would have been to hug them. But somehow it did not happen. I wish I had known them better. Still a pat on the back to banati hi thi. They too seem to be happy with my contribution. Thank God! I finally did it [GMBC.. Are you listening?].

Rest of the college day was uneventful until I was stopped by my another group-mate from another course. They were expecting a part of assignment to be completed and sent to them last night itself. They had send a mail too in this regard. My bad, that I did not respond to it. However the aggression shown by them was totally uncalled for and that totally pissed me off. I found it hard to understand why they were so much tensed about an assignment that was due the next week. The answer came in the class where we were informed that the presentations were indeed due that day only. In a deadly mix of mis-communication, RGgiri and negligence we were about to lose half the grade for the course. It's not that we really bother about grades. We are beyond that stage. However for students here, their grades are everything. The boring-to-death presentations did not do any great to reduce our worries. It was time for another magic, this time by the group-mates in the Tech Transfer course. They pataofied the Professor to allow us to permit in the next class. We were saved for the day. A quick meeting and we decided our strategy to handle the assignment in a better way. Time to head back to home. Our home was in dire need for a thorough cleanup. Neha was to come and stay with us for a couple of days. We all guessed that we would not get any better reason to do the dirty work.

It was amazing to see how our home got a face-lift in precisely one hour. Mind you, we also cooked our dinner in between. There was some firework show slotted to take place at 10pm and my roommates had 'grand plans' to enjoy it.

I stayed back to receive Neha. Currently on an exchange program in UK, she is an old friend from CAT prep time. She is doing her EuroTrip all alone. I really respect her courage and enthusiasm for doing it. I really can not imagine myself doing anything like this on my own. I am not a 'lone traveler' type, I think.

I have another presentation lined up for tomorrow. Another group assignment. The good part this time is that it is an assignment in consumer behavior and that it involves music. I have got the entire morning tomorrow for preparing for the presentations so I can afford to share stories with Neha.

I might get a good night's sleep in any case. See yea tomorrow.

No comments: