Nov 9, 2009

EuroTrip - Day 54

Behind the Lens

And I am back in form. Same old form. A thousand shots and I am there in - well almost none. A total contrast to what others in my gang here would say. I am in search for those picture perfect moments. To convert them to postcards. Nature, history, arts, culture, people - there are so many things to capture. And then if I think of myself, I see only one role - that behind the camera.

Well, I did get a complaint or two that I could not be found on any of my EuroTrip photos. So people do expect to see me once in a while. How do I convince you that I am the same old stuff that you had to see in last 24-25 years of my existence and there is no change. At this moment, I might be sporting a fake looking french beard and wearing a headgear to look a bit more Italian - but then you can guess it well. It's all fake. My skin color is as brown as it was back home (my mom would say as Black as I was in India) and I am the same Indian who likes his chai with lot of milk and eats his meals with his hands and licks fingers sometimes.

As I was browsing through my photos from the start of the trip, I realized that I was doing lot of spy photography (candid sounds a better word though). I have captured so many local peoples in their natural pose. Their expressions are varied and very interesting. I wanted to do a collection on people when they are smoking. I wanted to capture them when they were talking on phone. But then, as time progressed, I realized it was not the right thing to do. Ethical and privacy concerns (there are so many so called private things are well in public here) made me stop doing it. I am still thinking if I should post the collection with the existing photos. Let us see.

My collection of buildings, cars, bikes, doors, windows, railway stations, street artists etc are seeing a good progress. So expect to see a glimpse of a different Europe soon on my picassaweb page.

For now, I have uploaded photos from most part of my EuroTrip. These are the best shots that should give a good idea about the places we have been to. As usual, you are welcome to comment on the photos. It is a really nice experience to read someone else's view on your take on something. Here is the link : http://picasaweb.google.com/8priteshj

FYI, recent updates include - Dachau, Back to Munich, Bruges, Luxembourg, Antwerp, Rome, Milan, Venice, Vienna, Budapest, Annecy, Aix Les Bain, Chambery, Diwali celebrations, Salzburg, Salzburg Ice Caves, Strassburg, Berline, Manheim etc etc...

No comments: