Apr 19, 2007

Survivor Episode 273

In a recent visit to coffeeshop (in short, date) my girlfriend asked me who my idol is?

"Out Of Syllabus" - first thought in my mind. But then you can say this in a written exam, in viva-voce you better not dare to say so.

I don't know if she really meant to ask this questions. It happens most of the times while sitting with your bf/gf in a nice coffee shop. You really fall short of topics to talk about. You could have finished discussing (if you are the bf, then listening) all the topics under the sun (oh yea even the scorching sun might have found some mention in those talks). But coffee hai ki khatam hone ka naam hi nahi leti. I am sure the CCDs and Barista add some kind of rubber in their brews.

So now I was faced with this life and death situation.
Why life and death?
Arre!! meri boyfriend-iyet was on stake. How can I be a good bf if I cant even have an idol. Now who that idol is a whateverish (does not matter) thing.

So at first I thought I would answer saying "oh my idol, it has to be Sanjaya Malakar." A smug smile popped on my face. I knew she would not dare to ask me who the hell he is. Nobody likes to be known for ignorance in GK, you know. So the question of my idol would have died in minutes.

But then I was faced with another super duper doubt.
What if she knew him?
Worse she was a fan of him?
Worst if she liked his long shabby hairstyle and wanted me to do the same?

Naa baba naa... I don't want to have a 1kg hairy jungle stuffed in my helmet.

All the smug feelings vanished as fast as they came.
So who next?

Mean time, she saw this cute girl (ok, I didn't call that girl cute there, again no-life and death situation) and her nice dress. She wanted to have something like that for a long time. And now started a story of how she travelled through all the alleys of Commercial Street to find something similar but never found.

Oh God.. that 'cute girl' was a saviour.

Aur kuch baatein hui (actually suni, I was just listening as usual) and then it was time for 'bye bye', 'miss you', 'call me' talks.
And finally we vacated those nice seats of coffee shop. They had almost became 'hot seat'.

Aaj ka din to survive kar gaya, but will I be able next time?
So better prepare for the answer to this question before next time.
These were the only thoughts in my mind while riding back home. I hope she has forgotten this idol wala questions.

ps: All the characters and incidents mentioned in this post are work of fiction. Any resemblance with any dead or alive person is just a coincidence.

6 comments:

Ravi Shekhar said...

we want the details of the survivor details 1 to 272..
Be prepared all the time, there will be no cute girls all the time to save u.

Goli said...

Bewakoof... GOLI is the right answer :D.

Mondy said...

This was ur 273rd date????...Ghor kalyug.

Dreamzzzz said...

heheheh....was abt to ask wht if she repeats the question tomorrow...I guess gals jus want an honest answer than an intelligent oone

Vatsy said...

I know its not an art of fiction!! Time to tell who is the girl ;)

- Ubiquitous - said...

Fiction?

Are you sure? ;)