Apr 18, 2007

fussssss

[Time: 1:03 pm]

PJ: DP, can we talk for some time.

DP: Oh yea sure, chalo. We go to this conference room.

[Both enter the conference room, arrange two chairs facing each other and sit.]

PJ: [hesitation apparent in his words] I want to put in my papers here.

DP: [thinks for about two seconds] Hmmm... Oh ok…
So where are you … oh I should not even be asking that…oh yea...

PJ: No DP, I shall tell you that. I am going to xxx. Right now that’s the best offer I have in my hand…. And if you don’t mind I would like to give your name as reference.

DP: Oh that… you can do that…no problems…
When do you want to leave?

PJ: As soon as possible. It’s up to you to decide.

DP: Oh yea. Ok let me talk to top brass and arrange for backup…

[Both silent for some time]

DP: I just want to ask why you want to join that company. As far as I know they are not doing well.

PJ: I don’t know if its doing that bad. Only thing that I can tell you right now is that they are giving me the best offer right now. Here there is absolutely no work. So it was getting really frustrating. There they are offering me an xxx position there. It’s a small team with good work in hand. And of course they are paying me good.

DP: hmmm… theek hai… let me talk to the top brass here and I shall let you know the releasing date. But I must say, this is a shock to us. We don’t want to lose people like you.

PJ: I know DP, even for me it’s a tough decision. But sometimes we have to take such decisions. I think this the best thing for my career right now and I am sure you would agree to that.

DP: Hamm… theek hai… chalo then… let me talk…

PJ: ok… thanks a lot. I shall inform them about it.

[Both stand up and leave the room.]

[Time: 1:07 pm]

PJ is a free soul now.


ps: Taken out from the collection of drafts.

2 comments:

Saurabh said...

OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK !!!!!!

Mondy said...

yaar...we miss you here!!! and after reading this post even more.