Apr 22, 2007

Stranger in the mirror

They say living on my own has brought about one change in me. I have grown up. Everyone does, it's no black magic. Suposadly I am more mature now.

But somehow I cann't feel proud of it today. The process of growing up also resulted in a tremendous loss for me. I lost my innocence. I have lost myself. No longer can I claim to be the same person I was some years ago. I lost the simplicity and purity.

Sometime when I stand in front of mirror, I see a stranger's face. It just pops up from within and mocks at me. This innocent face reminds me of the person I was at one point of my time.

Changes are inevitable and this is just part of life, I guess.

1 comment:

SUCHARITA ROY said...

part of the run up. Do you know for sure it would have been any better had things been the way yo had wanted it to?

not always.