Apr 16, 2007

beyond the horizon

I watched three plays last week.
- Exit the King
- The Island
- The Hare and the Tortoise

To tell you the truth, I could not make sense in any of them. Why?

- Hare and Tortoise did not run just a race there. They solved some maths problems also.
- The king was not a king actually but he was a don.
- The island had a play within play.

Everything beyond the usual comprehension.

It's so amazing to know that a simple story can have so many different interpretation. Our knowledge is limited to the most obvious rather most famous understanding of it. So when we hear "hare and tortoise", our imagination just reach to the extent of race between a hare and tortoise.

In last post I said I like darkness coz shadows can not fool me by any influence. The darkness gives me my freedom to explore the situation. It gives me the sense of challenge to think beyond what is so obvious.

Yesterday after the play I heard someone saying "thinking out of the box". True to a certain extent. But you can not go on doing it infinitely. Sometimes you need to move in to a bigger box or have to enlarge it.

Rout puts it as, You never know if you are in an altogether box. When they teach you to think out of the box, they never tell one important thing that out of a box there r other boxes. And by just thinking out of one, you run the risk of putting yourself in another.

I like watching some plays. They hurt my ego by telling me that I still cant see beyond the horizon. There is so much to learn and I can not afford to slow down on this journey of knowledge.

Having said that, I still recommend these plays to everyone. They have the best art and direction I have ever seen in a play. Amazing light and sound. Especially the last one is brilliant in its use of medium. A highly energetic actor lot will make your visit memorable. Dont miss them.



1 comment:

satyajit said...

although i havent watched too many pays, a few that i have, have made me think later..i think the beauty of art lies in how it makes its audience interpret and maybe even relate to it..

P.S: i found it funny to see my chat excerpt being posted verbatim..especially when its full of errors :-)