Jun 17, 2006

life in a mousetrap

They say, in big cities, people don’t even know who their next door neighbor is? I don’t know about others, but yes I don’t know about my neighbors. We never needed to talk to them, and even they dint initiate any conversation. Life has been kind enough that we have been living in this house for over a year now. So jo jaisa hai use vaisa hi rahne do.

I work in Software Company. There also, you face this kind of situation. Your life is spread only in your 4x4 cubicle and within your team. most of us dont know about others who are sitting around us. By knowing I don’t mean knowing name and project he is working on. For me knowing means knowing someone as a person.

Why this happens?
Why we have made our world so small?

We are too busy in our own life. Most of the time yahaan jeene ki ladai me hi life nikal jaati hai. We get what we want, or sometimes we want what we got. To keep ourselves happy, we narrow down our life. Why to poke into someone else's life when it will only give us jealously and inferiority.

We are so wrong in thinking this way. We like to live in a mousetrap where we live and we die, nobody is going to care.

Grow up man, learn the advantages of knowing people, see life from someone else's eyes, learn from his experiences, laugh and cry with him. IN the end, you will not be giving something; you will be just taking from him.

I still don’t know if We will contact our neighbors, but I will try to know my colleagues for sure.

1 comment:

satyajit said...

cmon there's no 'jeene ki ladai' in a s/w firm. ppl are just too lazy to go out of their ways and strike up conversations.. i made frnds in games rooms but outside that i restricted myself to teammates, old frnds. but i saw a few get along famously with all and sundry and build up huge frnd circles. but mostly there's a comfort zone which ppl are stuck to