Jun 3, 2006

grass and smoke...

Mr. Rahul Mahajan (son of Late Mr. Pramod Mahajan) is fighting with death in Appolo hospital in Delhi. He was admitted there on late wednesday night. polic initially considered it a case of poisoning or food poisoning. But when they searched his house (crime scene), they found some packet with white powder and some bottles of champagne. Today media stories are taking about that white substance as cocain. They are chances that it was a case of overdosage of drugs.
Let them find the truth and may god give best of health to Mr. Rahul.
But this issye reminded me of one basic problem todays youth is facing.
Drugs
I could never understand why people drink, smoke and take drugs? What do they gain by it?
Drinking, especially if it is in limits and is occasional, can not be as severe problem as others. There are some proven advantages of drinking also. Today in IT society, social drinking is a requirement also. So it can be accepted to some extents.

I could not think of any advantage of smoking. Some people do it for relieving stress while some do it for just some showoff. Most of the college going youth does it as smoking is known to be a hep thing. If you dont smoke in college, people might take it as a surprise. Why to burn your lungs for no advantage at all?
Last thing on list is Drugs and dope. I still remember seeing one football team tshirt in college. It said "my day starts

with kicking some green grass" I could not understnad the meaning initially but later I was told the maeaning of grass.
Its a hard truth, but drugs are present in college life. Today one friend of mine told me that she was very high. I asked do you take drugs? She asked me "are you surprised?" I was not surprised, coz I have seen it. College going guys and gals want to try atleast once. Someday it will become a trend which everyone will follow.
Its true also that not all are same, number of people doing drugs are not very high, but they do exist amongst us, in office, in college, everywhere. Why do people want to do something which will give them pleasure for a small time and pain for long-term?

1 comment:

satyajit said...

My mom asked me the same thing when i told her abt my smoking, drinking.. I wish i could explain but it gets to nowhere if one tries justifying..we're creatures of habit; some good, some bad. It's scary if it gets too far but so it is with all other habits.. personally i try to draw a line whenever i feel its imperative but i've to admit no one is perfectly in control.. all i can say is sometimes this recourse appears to be the perfect vent for lots of stuff.. maybe if our lives had a little more meaning we wouldnt fall for it so bad