Jun 12, 2006

Bonne Anniversaire

Its been exactly one year since I finished my engineering. One year passed, just like that.
Lots of memories, lots of moments, lots of laughs, lots of tears. Lots of life over all. In one year I saw myself changing from one college-going lad to one so-called Software Professional. Let me note down some of the most important events which affected my life in past year.

Completion of graduation
I am a graduate now. I can earn my own living and live my own life. Now my worries shifted from get-a-degree-and-job to stabilize-career and sometimes thinking about higher studies.

Leaving the hostel
We spent four most important years in our life in hostel. We lived as one big family, a family of 200 odd-batch mates + more people from other batches. We cried and laughed together. We ate and drank together. And suddenly everyone just parted away. Luckily for me, I got a job in Bangalore and thus we could form a big group and we stayed together. A mini-hostel in making.

Setting up our home
First thing we did after leaving hostel was to take a new house, and then to arrange it, to make it a home. We contributed from our money and arranged everything here. We have everything today, and it can make any bachelor envious. We shopped for the grocery for the first time in our life, so did for the vegetables. For that matter, we cooked and washed our utensils also. From daily chores to works such as booking a Gas cylinder, we did everything. Really an experience in itself.

Life and enjoyment
I did whatever I wanted. From a expensive lunch in Leela to spending night out on beach with girlfriend. Explored life working with children, taught them Computer, learnt bits of French, went on treks, met people from all walks of life. I spent my time and money my way. Total freedom. I lived my life in my terms.

Work
We all are working in Bangalore. So from 6day class week, our life changed to 5day work week. Weekend became longer and we needed more rest. Weekdays now just mean work. We realized the true meaning of weekend only last year. The whole week we slog our asses just to enjoy life on weekends. Work can be fun but for me real fun is what I do on weekend.

Love and family
I found the time to live for myself. I found the happiness in my life. I found my first love. And I saw my first breakup. I hurt some hearts and sometimes hurt myself also. I fought with my family, and I loved them. I gave them tears in eyes, both of happiness and sorrow. I saw the pride in their eyes when my parents came here and stayed in my house. I felt proud when I went to my home on Diwali and gifted my mom what she wanted. I talked with my sister, everything and anything. I shared my life with my friends. We all laughed and cried together. A family that eats together laughs together and cries together.

Overall one hell of experience. Nobody teaches life better than life itself.
I have to heal so many hearts, fulfill so many hopes, wipe off so many tears. Its just a start. I will do whatever I am destined to, whatever I like.

I have promises to keep.
Miles to go before I sleep

No comments: