May 26, 2006

Pappu pass ho gaya - PART 2

Till now in Pappu pass ho gaya – PART 1 you read about my journey from Pritesh Jain, to PJ and finally to pjain (people know me all the three names today). Continuing with the same let me try to put some of my thoughts about this evolution.

Opportunities: I came from a family where not many were knowledgeable about the best of opportunities available for me. I did not know about GRE or GMATE till I entered college. My mom wanted me to be a doctor, may be because she could not become one. My dad told me only one thing that “Just remember that your father is a banker, so you have to make your own living. There is no family business that you can work in.” So true, And such a simple way to say that “make sure you do something worth in life” I came to college. I came to know about many new things and opportunities. Whatever I came to know, I told my parents, they thought for some time, may be trued to find more about it then gave me the nod to do that.
Just like God, opportunities are always there, only that we can not see them all the time. Just keep the trust in yourself, in your children and keep encouraging.

Freedom of taking decision: All my decisions were taken by me only. My parents always encouraged me to take the decisions. It does not mean that they let me do whatever I wanted. I was a kid, in learning phase of life, so they reviewed all the decisions. (even today)Every time we discuss all the aspects of the decision. If they think that it is not worth or will not be useful in life, they say directly. I think again and then find that, because of their experience in life, they can sense anything much better than me. Life is the biggest teacher. But I had the freedom and confidence of parents to choose anything for me. Still today I think about them and consult them before making any decision.
Parents should teach their kids the art of wise decision making. They may not be around everytime when the kid needs to make some decision. So better teach him value of taking correct decisions in early age.

It does not end here: Opportunities come your way throughout the life. You don’t need to get discouraged when you face failure somewhere or miss one opportunity. Not many people know about one of the important even in my life. What happened was that I had an interview for internship in a MNC (for our 8th sem project). After discussing with lot of people I made a conclusion that the MNC will not take more than two or three, so it was not worth it to stay in holidays for the interview. I went home. When I was there i came to know that they took more than 15 people for internship. I was heart-broken. I was so disgusted at my decision. I started crying after the call. My parents came to know about the full story. They just said that it’s ok now. Don’t repent. You will get many more such opportunities in future. Sometimes our decisions do go wrong. This is part of life.
Today I am working in the same MNC, and I have no regret of missing that internship. Fact is that opportunities will always come. You don’t need to take any hard decision to cover up your failure. Not even failure, just to make things look good today.

One of my cousins is writing his engineering entrance exams this year. His mom, right now, is in full mood to get him admission in any college. She says he gave him a lot of trouble studying this year (actually this guy has some medical problems and also is very childish so not very sincere in life), so she can not afford to let him take a drop-year for engineering entrance. As the results are still to come, I have not said anything to aunt. Seeing your son at home after 12th, doing nothing ( I mean not going to college, though the guy is preparing for some exams) is not what every mom in our place imagines. So she will not be much different from other moms. But point is id she sends the guy to any ABS college today; she is just postponing the real problem. After four year the guy may be at same kind of problem again.
This guy is real good at arts (specially drawing). But still, nobody ever thought of finding opportunities in that field. Every kid is not same, so why not let him do something different which suits him. I will suggest the same to my aunt when time right time comes. Will I be able to do same with my own kids, is something only time will say.


These and some more - I shall come with another post in same series when I am done compiling everything. For now, do let me know about your views about my thoughts. If you do not have a blogger account, mail me at the_pritesh@yahoo.co.in

No comments: