May 11, 2006

ek joke sunaoo??

Jokes are like our wishes. They change as we grow up. Our mood changes as we grow up.

When we were kids, we laughed at all those animal jokes. Sardar jokes had not come then in our daily conversations. We laughed at each other by calling each other some animal; by making funny sounds like those carton characters we watched whole evening on Cartoon Network and telling each other about how teacher punished him/her in class for doing nothing.

In school, with each class our joke taste changed. Once I heard a term called “Class 7th joke”. Today I know its full meaning. As we listened to more and more different jokes, our knowledge about them increased. Some of them don’t amuse us anymore. Sardar jokes come into our dictionary around this time only.

Then we went to high school. It’s high time for those naughty and adult jokes. Our hormones make us so attracted towards those sexual and dirty jokes. We shared them with our friends and thus our knowledge increased. Blonde jokes also amused us a lot. We were really improving.

We reached college. For me, it was totally a different environment here. I had heard about PJ before entering college but came to know true meaning of it in college only. PJ as some call it, I found it to be Poor Joke or sometimes Pathetic Joke. They need not be in any particular mood. Sometimes we just joke about our friends’ habits, sometimes about something that happened around us. Sometimes they were just tool to explode out our frustration. In some ways we come back to the same kind of jokes as our childhood but nastier now.

In future I don’t know what kind of jokes will amuse us. But one thing is certain. There is a limit to which we can laugh on a particular type of jokes. After one point Shekhar Suman started boring us. Laughter challenge people also could amuse for sometimes only. Then we got bored of them. We watch different standup comedian show and enjoy them. They tell us new jokes, those new racist, linguistic and colorist jokes. We have not heard them yet so they amuse us a lot. Once we heard them enough they will also lose their charm.

Last week I watched ICE-AGE-2. There was a kid sitting on my right. I realized during the movie that we too were laughing same ways. Even her mom was laughing the same way. I was so happy after the movie that there is at least something on which I will laugh throughout my life. I hope there are many more ICE-AGEs in offering.

And to end it… here is latest joke.
Q: What is the blonde doing when she holds her hands tightly over her ears?
A: Trying to hold on to a thought.

1 comment:

Saurabh said...

I also heard of PJ in college only..