May 3, 2006

life is to take risk...

What is the true way of living your life? To play it safely and enjoy whatever comes your way, or to go out of box and take risks to enjoy what your heart likes?

For me, it’s mostly a mixture of both but with a higher percent of playing safe. Today I thought why I always wanted to play safe. Some of the reason that come to my mind:

  1. I am not sure about my goal in life so I try to take the things the way they come to me.
  2. I feel that I have some responsibilities on my shoulder and for them something not so adventures but safer is the want of life.
  3. Most of the times good things (or the things which I found favorable to me) came my way so I enjoyed them and never thought of trying for something else.

Yesterday Baba ( a good friend of mine from college) went home. He said he is going there as he did not go there for last two years. He is also planning to go for a Himalayan trek. All these he is doing after quitting his job in a MNC. And what he has in his hand is the hope that he will get into a reputed management college (he is on the waiting list for this year’s admission). This is what all people know about him.

I don’t say I know him more than thins. But there are some other aspects of his life which inspire me a lot.

He quit his job coz he did not like it. In the beginning of career even he did what anyone does, take the first good paying job and join it. But sooner they realize that they are not meant for that. Same thing happened with Baba. He realized that he is not meant for such job and he needs to explore other things in life. So he quit his job. It’s so simple to say at least. May be one day I will feel the same way. I hope even I will have courage to do what he did.

He is a travel freak so Himalayan odyssey is not a surprise for me. Off late even I tried to explore the travel freak in me. Not so much but ya even I want to go to Himalaya once.

His family. I really don’t know about it. But for me, my family takes very high importance. But then I realized recently that I have another three four years left with me (before my marriage) to live my life my own way. After marriage some discipline is bound to come. So why not do everything what you always wanted to do? I will try to explore the things which interest me a lot. May be these way I will find the goal in life.

So right now life is a big experiment and I will keep adding different things to it. May be one day I find a perfect mix.

And Baba, you have inspired me a lot. All the best for your future.

No comments: