May 25, 2006

Pappu pass ho gaya - PART 1

Day before yesterday, results of standard XII were announced. It reminded me of the time when my results for higher secondary (equivalent of Standard XII) were announced. Let me recall the whole year of Std. XII, as it holds a really important part in ones life.

For a student, there are two important decisions to be taken in his school life.
First- after class 10th (as to which stream to chose for further studies) and
Second- after class 12th (as to where and which course to do for graduation).

These tow decisions define course of his (or her) life. Actually the mind has to be made before these stages only. In case of class 10th we (might) need good percentage in class 10th and before to opt for a particular stream. While for admission in graduate courses, we need to pass different entrance exams. So the decision needs a lot of thinking and preparation.

For me, the first decision was very easy. I was good at math and always liked mathematics. I wanted to be an engineer, more so because I hated biology. My mom had one dream that his son become doctor or IAS officer. One of her dream shattered then only. But without any hesitation I chose Math science (Math, Physics and Chemistry) as my stream in further education. My parents supported me in my decision.
(I forgot to mention that, for some time we considered the idea of me joining a reputed polytechnic college after class 10th. But somehow neither I nor my parents were convinced enough and we dropped the idea. Thank god.)

Second decision was bit more difficult and tricky. I enjoyed my Class 11th year. No tension about future. After the exam of 11th I started preparation of entrance exams. I was not very sure about IIT, so I concentrated on other engineering entrance exams. My parents still did not say anything. They supported me as always. Thought I was not sure about my goals. I was just preparing for entrance exams, without any college or branch in mind. Still I prepared.
Around December and January forms of various exams came. I applied to whichever my guide suggested. Meanwhile I had given IIT and Roorki screening exams and had cleared them also. I gave the Karnataka exams and then went back to Indore to write MP PET.
Just the day before PET, my XII results were announced. I topped the Indore division in the same. It’s been a while since my school had got such a result, so they wanted to take all the advantage of it. they organized some function to honor me, some press conferences and interviews were arranged. All these, with my entrance exam just the next day. Somehow I survived all those events and gave my exams.

Results for KCET and MPPET came. I had good ranks in both of them. So now the biggest dilemma started. Where to go and what branch to opt for? My family had only one or two engineers (all others are bankers, doctors or businessmen). So we consulted those few engineers. My uncle consulted his entire friend. My dad consulted all his friends and likewise I consulted all my friends and guide. Because of my luck or otherwise I finally opted to come to Bangalore and join RVCE in Electronics and Communication engineering. I thank god for guiding me to this direction. My parents, as always, supported me. They do it today also, and will keep doing.

Today I am working in a reputed MNC, enjoying work and life. I thank God and my parents for that.

No comments: