May 14, 2006

Bangalore Traffic...

It has been more than 5 4 months that I have been riding daily on Bangalore roads. My daily travel would be around 15km minimum (I am really lucky that I don’t need to travel a lot). Daily I spend around one hour riding my bike. Let me list some of the things that I really hate about riding in Bangalore

1. Bangalore roads are becoming pathetic day by day. Potholes cannot be the term for the holes we have in the mid of the road.

2. Whenever any telephone company (or water or cable supply) wants to lay cables, they are given the road for their use. They can dig it and then leave as it is.

3. There are too many one ways here. And the direction of the one ways change too often.

4. Public transportation is worst of what I have seen. Buses are not regular. Bus driver do not drive fast but they drive very dangerously. There are bus stoops made but everyone other than buses uses them. A driver has right to stop the bus wherever he wants that too in the middle of the road. They turn without proper indication.

5. Traffic lights do not always work. So the traffic regulation work comes on the shoulder of poor traffic police guy. Many of the busy junctions face this problem.

6. people do not obey traffic rules properly. Especially at the traffic lights, you can see them crossing at red. Moreover even if they stop on red, last few seconds before green; they just start the vehicle full speed without bothering about the people coming from other ways. If you don’t want to start before red light, you will hear lots of shouting horns and abusing people.

7. Traffic police strength is really less and many of them do not do their duty properly.

8. When it’s raining then you better swim back to your place. Water is al over the roads.

There are many more points to be listed. I will add them as soon as they come in my mind. For now, share your experience.

No comments: