Dec 9, 2009

EuroTrip - Day 85

6th December

6th December - this day is etched on my memories permanently. For all the bad reasons. There is nothing that directly impacted me. Still, some memories just refuse to fade away.

Today I got one more reason to remember this day. It's the day when the biggest cribber I have known was born. A mota-in-denial (as his dorm-mates believe) who plays guitar well. When he plays, he is so much into it that everybody is awestruck. Himself included. The brain behind some of the best t-shirt designs that I have seen. A smart-ass observer, he can be nasty when he is taking your case. Ask his girlfriend about it. A gossip monger to the core, he can beat girls in these art. A slogger by heart and by choice, he does not forget to crib about the hard work later. A nice mix of characters from every genre of t.v. serials. Call him by any name - TAClee, Nepali, Pahadi, Bora, Raju - he is the same. A good 'old' friend indeed.

Today, on December the 6th, I did nothing extraordinary. Got up, packed my bag, reached the railway station, shopped for souvenirs, played train-train to get a glimpse of Heidelberg and finally took my last journey in ICE. We might have reached the end of EuroTrip today. No more travel in this EuroTrip. We plan to spend next few days in Paris taking one last look at the city and giving an exam in between.

I'm still not euphoric about going back India. I am not sad about leaving Paris either. I just don't have any special feeling. What is wrong with me? Instead of running a countdown, I am listening to Enigma and Lucky Ali. I wonder if 'Aal Izz Well' with me!

No comments: