Dec 7, 2009

EuroTrip - Day 81

Aal Izz Well

Late night movies are not good for health. Irrespective of the number of hours that you had spent dreaming, you start the day on a lazy note. The more the dreams, the more incomplete your life appears to be. It's the law of the nature.

So while the poha that we were to have for breakfast became khayali poha, we resorted to the usual corn flakes - milk routine. Earlier during this trip, all my attempts of make Poha had met with cruel end (read - it looked and tested more like upma than poha). ConVo was my last hope in this far-far-away land for a nice plate of poha. Somethings were not meant to be. :(

At the Gare Du Nord, ConVo and I tried our luck to get some reservations done. 'No seats' - seems to be the standard answer for most of our requests. The amazingly friendly crew at booking counter is the only grace for SNCF that otherwise sucks with its reservation quota for eurail pass holders. Xmas is around the corner so getting reservations is even more difficult. ConVo dropped the idea of going to Luxembourg (damn! one less in country count). I persisted and finally got a really longer (and complicated) way to enter Switzerland. When you have to go, you have to go.

My last lecture in ESCP was rather dull. Even the presence of cute girl sitting next to me could not keep me awake in the boring one-way-communication called lecture. I wonder, why did I change my plans of staying at home (and studying) and ventured out on a cold and rainy day.

I tried my hands at bread roles one more and it came out even better. However, I really did not enjoy cooking today. I am not sure why. I don't want to cook just to make something to eat. Eating is just one of the end result of cooking process. If I think of it, the lunch was quite special today. Gunda made a nice mix vegetable which made our usual rasam chawal taste special today. A welcome change from eating aloo all the time.

I feel we all become too self centered. Today, this realization ruined my entire evening. I expect next couple of days to be hectic (mentally as well physically). But for now let me claim that I am not the only culprit here in this room. That's the only grace I have.

ps: Listen to this song called "Aal izz well" from 3 idiots. Superb lyrics by Swadanand Kirkire and a catchy tune by Shantanu Moitra. You are going to love it.

No comments: