Dec 2, 2009

Lakshya

My GK is failing me once more but the dozens of handsome hunks flaunting their fascinating army uniforms make be believe that Switzerland has a compulsory army stint for its young men. I have seen them in all the train journeys that I have taken so far in this country. Their well groomed appearances, typical backpacks and most importantly an even more typical army way of conversing and joking - it reminds me every bit of a person I wanted to become one day. I wanted to join Army for all these, let me accept it today. I guess, my parents did well to stop me get blinded by these charming face of army life.

Actually, if I look back today, I realize that there never were any serious discussions about me joining army, except a couple of mentions of Short Service Commission during my high school years. Mom wanted me to become a Collector (an IAS, not a ticket collector!!). Dad never really told me about his dreams for me. Him being a banker, one thing was sure that I had to study well and do something on my own. There was no question for succession. Moreover I knew from start that there was no way I could let their hardwork go rewarded by taking up just another job. Engineering and the job after that were my own decisions. So was the decision to quit job and join a business school. What I do for a living after my MBA will also be my decision only. But I know for sure, that my parents have put their full faith in all these decisions and have supported me with their heart and sense. I have no options but to take the wisest of the decisions and do my best to ensure that its in best interest of everyone. Now, after engagement, I have more expectations to take care of and there are many more dreams that need to be brought into reality. I know I have a companion who will support me in all these and more. I pray to God that we make our parents proud and happy.

ps: I just loved the movie Lakshya. I don't know why but I could not think of any other title for this post.

2 comments:

broca's area said...

aims/priority change with time!!:)

Unknown said...

amen to all you said