Oct 7, 2006

orkut, one call and then more...

Now this one is bit trickier and funny.

I have been blogging regularly for almost a year now. First it was at Yahoo 360 (I still maintain my 360 page) and then at blogspot. I never told my parents or my sister about it. They don’t live in Internet era so it would have been difficult for me to explain them about blogs. Its nothing extraordinary I do, so never felt like explaining to them also. All my trips, back home, have been really short so these all things just never bothered to figure in my talks. I never told them, they never thought about it; so it did not exist.

Few days back, one of my uncles found me on Orkut. He saw my profile and then mailed me. That mail was a big surprise for me. In the family of not so Internet savvy people, he had done something unexpected. I replied to it immediately. And then started looking forward for the reply.

Yesterday when I was talking to my dad, he told me that this uncle had called them and told them about my writing style. I dint have any clue of what my dad was talking. The mail I wrote to the uncle was more like a one liner (actually it was a scrap in Orkut terms). So there was no way he could say that I am good at anything. This uncle was not someone who would lie to my parents so I got really puzzled.

Then came the second call in the picture. Today morning my sister called me and asked me about the email. This time I took the chance and explained her about the scrap (or email whatever you want to call it). I explained her that I wrote just one-liner. She, then, asked me about some website where I wrote about my childhood. Now the thought flashed in my mind. I realized that actually uncle had seen my blog ( I have given link to blog in my Orkut profile). Everything was clear now.

Uncle had visited my blog and apparently he read I, me, myself…

My dad had told me that Uncle had talked for more than 10 minutes about my writing and stuff. Now I have some clue about what he would have told. My sister told me that mom was wondering what have I been doing writing about my childhood and life.

For one moment I find this turn of events funny but at other I feel sad. That entry had many things that my mom does not know. Things I could not tell my parents. Things that did not need to be told to them. Things that needed to be hidden from them. Its not that I have done something wrong behind their back, but just that they might hurt them.

I haven’t yet got a chance to talk to my mom after all these. I don’t know what questions will she have in her mind and what answer I will give.

One day I had to face it, I think my time has some.

Or may be I am thinking a lot, possibly uncle did not say anything important and my mom is just curious about my writing and blog stuff. Who knows!!

Sometimes I think there is Chironji Lal Khosla in each one of us. We all are running away from many things, we all lose our faith and digress from our values. I just hope that our end is same as his.

ps:
Chironji Lal Khosla: Watch “Khosla Ka Ghosla” if you don’t know who Chironji is.

3 comments:

Pritesh Jain said...

Latest news - The news about the blog has reached ro every soul in my family. My grandma, and then from her to my aunts...
I talked to my mom, she did not ask anything, so I guess its all cool over there :)

satyajit said...

is the thought, that whatever you're going to write from now on will, most probably, be read by your family members, making you a bit uneasy?

Pritesh Jain said...

My first feeling was of nervousness. I felt like someone had read my personal diary.
But then, I realised that whatever happened was in a way good.
And now, I feel some kind of responsibity and expectations from myself.