Oct 3, 2006

i, me, myself

Goli tagged me. My assignment this time is to tell everyone about myself. Now this one is bit difficult, coz I don’t have 10-15 predefined questions to be answered.

Still let me try. So here I go…

  • Pritesh – this word is a sandhi (join) of two words – PRIT + ISH. In Hindi PRIT means love and affection, while ISH refers to God. So as one word it means “God of love”. Actually in Hindi correct word would be PREET and then my name would have been Preetesh. But somehow my mom chose PRITESH. My dad sometime spell it as PREETESH , and I correct it every time.
  • My earliest memory of my childhood would be one when I was 4 years old. As soon I was back from school., I would be riding my tobu cycle. My mom would make Roti Roll with Ghee and Pickle and give to me. I would ride the cycle in my home and eat that Roti Roll. Both of us happy.

I don’t know how, but that was the only time I enjoyed eating Ghee. Once that tobu cycle phase was over, my like for Ghee justr vanished. Till date I hate Ghee and many a times I puke if there is lot of Ghee in my food. Now days my cook keeps dry chapatis separately for me.

  • I did most of my schooling in Hinds medium schools. My dad is in Bank and he gets transferred every three years or so. I have lived in really tiny villages (one was with a population of less than 4k). Expecting an English medium school there was impossible, so my parents got me admission in the best Hindi medium school. My mom would insist me on learning English at home. That was the only interaction I had with English for first few years of life.
  • We built our first house when I was in class 5th. I had to share my room with my sister. Having a room of my own was a real proud achievement for me. I would decorate and arrange it in my way. I fought with her a lot about these things, but in the end we both will be happy souls.

From that day, till now I tend to change room arrangement a lot. Every few months or so, my room will have some new arrangement. In hostel it was big fun convincing other roommates for the new arrangements.

  • Most of my schooling was done in boys school. Only good Co-ed school was Saraswati Vidhya Mandir. Now this one is too good. This school is run by RSS so there are lots of strange and funny customs there. Guys were supposed to call girls as "Bahan" and Girls would call them "Bhaiya". There was a big Rakhi celebration also. As I was one of the most popular guy in class, that day I would come home with at least 15 rakhis in my hand. Till date I curse my popularity. I lost contact with most of the friends from that time. Still whenever we meet, we have blast thinking about all these moments.
  • I was an obedient kid most of my life. I still am. But somehow as I grew up I started getting my own ideas about life. My time in class 10th to 12th would be golden age in this criterion. I started getting unattached from the religious and social believes of my family. I can’t say if I became an iconoclast, but I did start applying logic to everything. It was getting on my nerves sometimes. And then I decided to runaway from them. I got an opportunity to pursue my higher studies in Bangalore. This meant I could live my life my own way, away from all those things. I came here and started exploring life. I did things which I had never thought of. I am proud of them today. Only guilt is that I ran away from those things at home. I could not face them then, and still I find it difficult.
  • Love and relations are two difficult notions for me. I did try to understand and enjoy them, but was not very successful. I had my good and bad times. Sometimes I think I am an emotional fool, at others I think I am a normal human. May be someday I will figure it out.
  • Friendship is something which kept me going. My friends are my strength and today whatever I am; it’s because of them and of course my family.
  • I am happy with life; I am contented with whatever I have got till now. I am proud of whatever I did till now and I will keep living my life my way. Let us see where I land up.

Now this is enough about me, for now.
According to customs, I have to pass this tag to someone. So here I choose those lucky people –

Desai: He is one guy who can inspire many. A true friend and lover.
Sapta: The Bengali chromosome. It would be really interesting to read about his life.

No comments: