Oct 31, 2006

the day we met over coffee

Have you seen Saif’s new ad for Lays. I am talking about the one with Rajasthani background. If you are a regular visitor and user of raaga.com then you must have found something familiar there. When I saw that ad for the first time, I got confused. There is similar music in this ad and citibank ad on raaga.com. Did people behind Lays’ ad steal music, that too from raga.com? Or was it the other way? Worst, but most probable, did both these steal it from somewhere else? Very puzzling indeed…

Then I listened to the same tune in my Pandora. Clearly, ad film makers in India have been following interesting music from around the world.
Here is the info about song.

Song: the day we met over coffee
Album: Aquarian Moon
Artist: Osunlade

Listen to the song. It’s simply superb.
I wonder if the ad filmmaker taken necessary permissions to use the tune. Expecting raaga.com to ask for such permissions is too much.

Try Pandora for many more such nice songs, specially if you can not download lot of music. More info about Pandora: pandora
If you want I can share my Pandora stations with you. You need to create an account there and then you can share stations.

No comments: