Oct 22, 2006

diwali memoirs

For me the most memorable Diwali would be one in my first year of BE. I had come to Bangalore to pursue my degree, and this was the first time I went home after my admission. The troubled journey in train and bus could not dampen my spirits. The excitement of spending good time with family kept me up the whole journey. Diwali celebrations were no different from the usual ones at home. But the time I spent there was a real quality time. I recall some of the events:
  1. I watched Asoka with one of my cousins. This guy also had come back from his college for the first time. My mom was furious when I was out of home for over half a day.
  2. We went to Sarafa on Dhanteras night. There is nothing special in that; most Indorians do that. But I did it for the first time. I lived in Indore for 3 years but never bothered to visit Sarafa on this auspicious occasion. But this time, though I was there only for 5 days, I visited Sarafa and enjoyed it royally Mom was wondering if I had come home to stay with her or to roam around in Indore.
Another Diwali I clearly remember is one when I was in class 8th. I used to be very enthusiastic about crackers that time. I would make sure that we go to the wholesaler and get the best deal in crackers. They used to be in place even before Dhanteras. Everything would be planned. I would have fully chalked out plan about how I would burst them in coming five days. There would be allocation done for each day and there would be some backup also. This Diwali was memorable in one more thing. I had just acquired a test for instrumental music. I got some cassettes from my uncle and had planned to listen to them over the weekend. Then one novel idea popped up in my mind. I planned to enjoy the Diwali morning in a classic way. As soon as I came back from Laddoo Chadao function, I went to my room. To get the classy feeling, I burnt the most fragrant agarbattis and then put the music. What peace!

Vaise, this year also I tried music. I put on best of Karunesh and enjoyed them the whole morning. It was superb experience.

No comments: