Jul 4, 2009

Pure Music

Lucky Ali is back. In my playlists that is. :)

So will be Bryan Adams in a day or two. Heaven and I am waiting hold the same significance in my life as Nahi rakhta dil mein and O sanam. Difference is in the point in time. College vs high school. Both part of my development years.
There are some nice memories associated with these songs.

Anoop and me started listening to Lucky Ali at almost the same time. 12th class - the time of IIT, Roorkee, BITS, MP-PET, KCET and what not. Whenever we got tired we listened to Lucky Ali. We shared lyrics and enjoyed them word by word. I think for the first time I started thinking about things beyond as they appeared. My formative years had started.

Many of you would be amazed to know that I heard Summer of 69 for the first time after reaching my engineering college. In hostel, everyone knew the lyrics by heart and here I was listening to the song for the first time. It took me quite some time to understand the song and its spirit. Still, Bryan Adams had not replaced Lucky Ali. Sometime in 3rd year I heard Heaven and I'm Waiting. And they caught my attention. I heard them again and again. I don't know why. Bryan Adams still did not become my favorite. I liked some of his songs though. In fact, many of them. I guess it was language that kept me from becoming his fan. My mind and heart thought in Hindi I guess. And thus the distance.

Post engineering, I resorted my mind and heart's dilemma by starting to listen to Fusion and Zen music. Enigma, Enya, Oliver Shanti and others. Instrumentals. Pure Music. I don't feel any distance now. Music is universal for me now.

1 comment:

anoop... said...

Good old days :)
I miss them a lot! They were the partners of the transition time in both of our lives