Jul 19, 2009

Behind the Camera

I have got more than 20,000 photos on my system. Unfortunately not even 10% of them will have me. Being behind the camera has its own disadvantages. You see the world, but the world does not get to see your face. There is a solution - self-portraits. But I cannot indulge myself into it as I feel they are gross self-obsession. Last few months, I seem to have got lucky in getting photographed. I have never got so much screen presence as I got in the engagement ceremony. I don’t complaint. It was one of the most important days in my life. And I deserve all what I got that day.

And then I got lucky again. This time, thanks to a friend of mine. Doc (Gibbup Doc, as we affectionately call him) took this photo of mine at the sunset point in Mount Abu. It was a cloudy evening and rains were just minutes away. Lights were just perfect as the sun was playing hide and seek behind the dark clouds. Doc zoomed the camera on my face, not copying the other shots that I had taken by then. I did not know what he was upto. But I sat still. The result is beautiful. It is one of the best photos that I have featured in.


I titled this photo “I saw a dream...

Thanks a lot Doc.

3 comments:

broca's area said...

looks grt...like some person looking at his destination..:)

Dr. Chandana Shekar said...

nice snap bhai.... and 20,000 snaps? gr8

The Happy-hungry Wanderer said...

Welldone Doc! :-) And Pritz.. for dressing ryt :-D