Feb 15, 2008

while i was sleeping

All of you who have read "The World Is Flat" by Thomas Friedman would surely relate to the title of the post. I wanted to write a post on the same last night, but somehow did not do.
Today I have got one more reason to write about it. And that's why I am here.

One of my biggest fear is that I will get behind in the Race while I was sleeping. Which Race? you may ask. It is the race of time. Sleeping is a symbol of ignorance. Last 7 years or so, one the biggest learning I have got is that information and knowledge is the most influential thing in life. It makes you what you are. Of course character and vision [dreams for us not-so-larger-than-life human beings] play an important role too. So the race is always on. To gather more knowledge, to use it more.

I had another interview today. And to my good luck [or was it bad luck? Doesn't matter now] I mentioned about "The World Is Flat". From that point till the end of interview, the discussion revolved around the book and its theme. I have not yet finished the book. Still it was a great experience discussing that book with those professors. They know so much and share their knowledge so nicely. This is what I want to be, I say to myself day in and day out. Till now all my interviews have been a really great time meeting nice people. They make you feel special and trust me that makes your day. I hope this continues for the remaining ones too.

Amen!!

No comments: