Feb 19, 2008

Mithya and Jodha Akbar

I am one of those movie-goers that go for a movie because they have to go for it. Mithya and Jodha Akbar were added to my list from the day I watched their first promo. Alas, I took sometime before actually watching them. Anyways, here is my take on both of them.

Mithya

Johnny Gaddar, No Smoking, Bheja Fry, Mixed Doubles - these are all movies that the director makes for his own pleasures. Call it his self-indulgence or self-satisfaction. End result is the same. An honest effort of movie-making. Mithya is another movie in same genre. That Rajat Kapoor (director for the movie) had to wait for almost 10 years to get this script on cinema-screen, shows that how difficult it is carve your own paths in this fantasy lands. But again, the fact that he has finally done it speaks a volume about his passion and determination. Story is novel so is the execution. Time and again I have said that I am a big fan of Ranveer. This movie just adds one more feather to his cap. Storyline is fast and you would love to flow with the plot. Watch it if you like to watch a good movie.

Jodha Akbar

Govarikar is the showman of new millennium. If you think Lagaan was a movie of grandeur scales. Think again, Jodha Akbar is the father of all the grand scale movies. And when I talk about scale, I am not talking about the big and lavish sets. They are just the symptoms. The actual strength of the movie is in the conviction with which he has made it. Mera Naam Joker was another such grand movie. It just shows the passion he has for a dream-cinema. And take my words, you have not seen such a beautiful movie in recent times. Watch it for its camerawork, watch it for its execution, watch it for Hrithik. I just loved the movie.

2 comments:

Ava said...

pithy reviews, but I like them. I ws blown away by Mithya. REaslised that a lot of comedy hunters will be disappointed to see a dark movie in place of ROFL stuff and publicised the movie as much as possible as a DARK COMEDY.

JA I havent seen yet, mayb tomorrow !!

Ava said...

I loved JA too.. really grand.