Feb 25, 2008

how much is too much

Gowda: I don’t get the respect a former PM should
TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Hubli: Former Prime Minister and JD(S) supremo H D Deve Gowda on Sunday reiterated he would rather have not been born in Karnataka.
“It is unfortunate the way a former head of the nation is being treated in the state. I don’t get the respect other former PMs enjoy in their respective states,” he told reporters. He was in the city to attend a private function.
Gowda then turned the guns on a section of the media, which, he alleged, was unnecessarily provoking him. Losing his temper when a reporter asked him whether he had spoken with the railway minister demanding provisions for the state ahead of the railway budget, Gowda said, “How can you pose such questions to a former Prime Minister? I know my responsibilities. I have spoken to the PM for an hour and a half and apprised him of what the state needs.”
Asked to comment on terrorism, he said police should not torture innocents citing terror links as a pretext.

My views: Generally I do not follow Mr. Gowda's political circus. Somehow today this article grabbed my attention. And I could not stop laughing. This old man should stay at home and get some sleep. His time is over. And he should accept it gracefully.

Being a resident of Bangalore I feel ashamed when he says "would rather have not been born in Karnataka." Just wondering where have all those pro-kannadiga groups [or should I say gangs] gone. I guess they are too busy chasing Laloo.

Since my childhood, elders have taught me one lesson. Respect is always earned. You never ask or request for it. The day you need to start cribbing about "not getting the due respect," you should accept that you have lost it all. And that it's time to move on. I guess Mr. Gowda has had a different upbringing.

2 comments:

CandidConfessions said...

Hell yes, this guy is greedy. And that is an understatement!!

broca's area said...

"mannin na magaa"..[son of the soil]!!..he sure knows how to woo the voters![last election]