Aug 17, 2006

28000 ft closer to the God

Part ONE: Bangalore to Mumbai
The journey to home was by air through Mumbai. It’s so sad for Indorians that we still do not have good flight connectivity with other parts of country.

So I headed to Mumbai in Sahara flight. Luckily the flight was almost on time; there was not much hassle about security check also. It was an evening flight bound directly to Mumbai.

It was raining mildly when the flight was about to start. It doesn’t bother much though.

But half an hour into the journey and it was stuck in bad weather. It was raining heavily and there were lightening all around. For someone with so less experience about air journey as me, this was real frightening experience. The captain of the flight put the emergency signals on and all the seatbelts were put on again. Outside you could see only lighting; no sound though. The flight was shacking like anything. I felt like I was driving on Bangalore roads.

Somehow the lighting phase passed, but then it started raining even more heavily. The tiny drops of water were not able to stick to the window glass of the plane. They touched the surface and started stretching. I could see only long thin wire outside my window. So strange!! The vary water drops was shacking the flight and now there was not much of existence for it.

When finally the flight landed on Mumbai airport I felt relaxed. I thank the flight captain and crew for the safe journey.

The second phase was to start after 7 hours and I had to spend those 7 long hours on Mumbai airport. I am kind of used to it now. Mumbai airport is not the best you can expect for the city of kind of Mumbai, nonetheless its good enough. Somehow I spent those seven hours, fighting with my sleep.

Part TWO: Mumbai to Indore
The connecting flight to Indore was in Indian. One thing is for sure; after an airhostess retires from her job, she can easily join Indian. They have got the oldest lot of airhostesses who look so indifferent to their duty. Indian really needs to improve on this aspect.

Again we faced some showers but this time they were really mild and present.

The best part was that I saw the sunrise above the cloud. Everything around me was white and we were going at great speed. Seeing rising sun in such a background is breathtaking. White clouds in different shapes looked like some artists work. I wish I could take out my camera that time. I would have taken some of the best photos you can ever see. Alas I was in a flight.

Part THREE: Indore to Maheshwar
I reached Indore safely and happily. Soon I will take a bus for Maheshwar from Indore. That will be the last part of my journey to home. It was real tiring journey. Roads are pathetic in MP so are the bus services. They drive recklessly. For twice we avoided big accidents.

I just thank God that I could reach home safely. An eventful journey.

No comments: