Mar 23, 2009

Tol Mol ke Bol

I have never seen actual bidding taking place - be it in the stock market or otherwise. Yesterday was first chance (actually friday if I consider the mock bidding rounds) I got the real feel of a bidding process. We had course/elective allocation (or rather selection) for our 4th term. As in most of the 'wellknown' and 'not so wellknown' colleges in India, this is done using a bidding process. A day long process resulted in we seeing one of the most exciting activity on the campus. Last minute rushe of demand (as seen by the bids various people put on them) on certain courses was something of an experience in itself.
I am not a very good player in these games, so I kind of played safe. Somehow the 'strategy' worked and I got the courses of my linking. Here is a list of the cources that I will be taking in next two slots:
1. Seminar on Retail Management (SRM)
2. Seminar on Brand Management (SBM)
3. Business Government and Law (BGL)
4. International Trade and Investments (ITI)
5. Social Entrepreneurship : Innovating Social Change (SEISC)
6. Media & Society: The Economics, Politics, Ethics and technologies of Mass Communications (EPETMC)
7. Strategic Management II (SM2)
And if I get lucky - Business French (BF) :)

A mix of so-called frauds and in-demand courses. My calender for second year looks as jam packed as my first year. I wonder how people said that life is chilled in 2nd year of MBA. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha.. have a good one ;)

India Layoff Tracker said...

How was your experience with "Media & Society: The Economics, Politics, Ethics and Technologies of Mass Communications"?