Mar 28, 2009

Kaleidoscope

Sayan Sarkar wrote this on last day of classes in first year. It sums up the last one year for each one of us in Section Absolut.
I am using it here without his permission. I hope he does not mind. In any case, do visit Sayan's profile (Orkut, Facebook) if you like this poem and pur your praise there too.

Today melancholy got the better of me
Of emotions I couldn't set my mind free
Thoughts in a cascade broke out
I tried to imagine my life without-

The section meet and handover
The claims to fame and shame
The four-level gallery; the well
The tags with upended names

The night-outs during T-nite
The tempo shouts, the rehearsals
The first instance of togetherness
The bright green Absolut tees

The group meets and deadlines
Assignments, ppts and rand()
The free riders and the free-ridden
The dreaded quiz notice at 1:30

The cold calls and the responses
Globe, arbit and repeat, challenge
"Basically", "Per se", "I agree"
Swinging both ways with a wild cobra

The silence of the first PCCBS
Or the dread of Marketing-I
Fair enough, excellent point
Now you tell me who's your guru?

Spillovers and proposals on Juice NB
Pursuits of heart or hijacked id?
Creativity and mischief ran free
I hope my graceful neighbour pardons me.

Caricatures on the attendance sheet
The proxies, the dozing off, the snores
Coffee during the period-breaks
Flocking for live scores at cricinfo.com

The scramble for the infra resources
Mics conking off at the wrong moments
Debating which lights to turn off in ppts
Fan or AC or both or neither?

So many colours flood my eyes today
All that I can't leave behind
I don't know where I am heading to
But CR7 is where I want to be. Absolutly.

ps: Brilliant work mamba. You just said it all.

2 comments:

Dr. Chandana Shekar said...

im unknown to most f it.. but nice poem. got to know somethin about IIM atleast :)

Unknown said...

thanks boondiii for the appreciation.