Mar 7, 2007

that's why we are here

Scene 1: At the bus stop
I was standing at the bus stop, waiting for the bus. It is daily routine for me. Standing there, I enjoy watching people and their rushed life.
Today it was bit different. I saw one guy standing next to me. He didn't say a word for sometime. Then he came towards me and asked something in Kannada. I had only one answer to those alien worlds, "Kannada gothilla..."
"Oh, you dont know kannada," he asked.
[me thinking - I said "kannada gothilla." What else it could mean?]
"Yes, I dont understand kannada," I replied.
"Can you tell me which direction is ABC?" he asked [now in broken english]
"I am sorry, I dont know," I replied apologically.
"From where are you?" he asked then.
[me shocked - what the hell!!!]
"Why?" I asked in slightly raised voice.
He thought for a moment and then told "You dont know this area, so asked."
"I dont live in this particular area. Thats why I dont know. You might want to go and ask that petrol bunk person" was all I could tell him.
He left immediately.

----------------------------------

Scene 2: In the bus
I board the bus at 8:15. As I am the last but one to do it, bus is all stuffed by this time. Daily I get the honor of sitting on the last seat and test durability of my ass. Today it was strange. The seat in the front row was empty. I saw it before boarding the bus. To check if actually the bus was all empty, I looked at the back side. No it was not empty. It was all stuffed as usual.
There must be something wrong with the seat then, I thought.
I took a cursory look at the seat and then decided to occupy it. Nobody said a word. So far so good. I took out my earphones and put the music.
Next stop bus didn't stop. The guy who boards from there hardly takes the morning bus.
So I assumed I can sit comfortably now.
Next crossing, the bus stopped and a girl entered the bus.
Now I know why the seat was enpty.
I realized that I had not taken the bus yesterday. This new entry to the bus would have taken place yesterday itself.

-------------------------------------

Enigma sang -
"We came out from the deep
To learn to love, to learn how to live
We came out from the deep
To avoid the mistake we made
That's why we are here !
We came out from the deep
To help and understand, but not to kill
It takes many lives till we succeed
To clear the debts of many hundres years"
That's why we are here !"

9 comments:

anoop... said...

enigma-
its second time when you are forcing me to listen enigma... really beautiful lyrics....

:-)

Unknown said...

Could not get the reason for the post...

Both scene 1 and 2 seem incomplete... half like the pics you posted...as if something has been left unsaid...

Pritesh Jain said...

@Anoop:
Yes dude. Enigma will serve well to your soul. Remember those school days when we used to listen to Lucky Ali. Its the same spirit here with enigma. Give it a shot.

@Navreet:
That is the idea.
I didn't feel like saying it all and thus try to affect reader's views.
It's open to interpretation.

I felt there was something strange about the two things. And then while in bus, I listened to this song. Somehow everything looked in a sync then.

Nasal Crooner said...

so wat if the girl got on de bus then?
u guys have seat reservations is it?
and get into the maiden groove man..
enigma season is past :)

Vatsy said...

Did u offer ur seat to the girl? After all today is women's day ;)

Pritesh Jain said...

@Nasal:
Thats what!!! You know daily I watch three company buses passing by. And trust me, in all of them girls occupy the front seat and guys are stuffed in the back seats. Unsaid reservations.

@Vatsal:
No, I did not. I shared the seat with her. :)

Vatsy said...

Lucky YOU ;)

Vatsy said...

And... Bechari ladki ;)

Alistair D'souza said...

regd scene 1.... sometimes we just have to be open to what ppl want to tell us.. you never know where words of wisdom come from... there is always a need and desire to understand... and it is we who tell others that its not worth it... :-)