Mar 6, 2007

the first kiss

Sincere apologies for the catchy title of the post. It's just a cheap way to attract readers. If you are hoping to read something nice about kiss or for that matter anything romantic, I am warning you in advance. This post has no such stuff.

In UTOPIA there is no place for gossip.

Yesterday, after a long time, I stayed late in office. I stayed till 11:30pm. Yes, no typo mistake here, I meant 11:30 pm. And what did I do with my noble existence here in office?

I filed my first PR (Problem Request, it does not sound so glorious naa??)
OK, in simple terms I found my first bug (now this sounds scary indeed).
Technically speaking, it was the automation setup which guided me to the problem. And also it was not me, but a colleague of mine who debugged it properly. But in the end, the bug was filed in my name. I was hesitant to do so coz I know when they will track it back, I wont have much to tell them. Still you got to do what you got to do.

Now the feeling of filing first bug is no less than the first kiss. The excitement of it at the first place, the reluctance, all followed with the hesitation, then the precision of doing it perfectly and finally the satisfaction. Yes, I did it.

I have been through it twice already. I mean, in my previous company I had filed my first bug, and also had solved my first bug. But it still felt so good and warm yesterday. A new feeling indeed.

Will the feeling of kissing someone follow a similar trend? ;-)

5 comments:

Ravi Shekhar said...

Filing the first bug is truly described.. i think everyone is hesitant on filing the bug on his name and same was the case with me..
But the feeling of satisfaction after that is immense..

Goli said...

Abey Oye.... what comparison man, I have filed, solved, mailed, commented, viewed, observed, hundreds and hundreds of PRs... and I hate them. I dont even remember if there was any first one, because I guess was thrown in to this from day one... please dont compare with kiss. grrrr grrrr...

Mondy said...

I just hope that you won't write "The first bug", when you experience ur first kiss....Or may be I have to search in your previous blogs if it has already happened.

satyajit said...

I love mondy's comment! hahahaha

But anyway, bravo Pj :-)

Pritesh Jain said...

@Ravi:
I know. We all have been through the same thing sometime or the other.

@Goli:
I can understand your frustration after reading the post. Arre, who knows after some time you will say the same thing about kisses and smooches and what not...Its just that humans get bored of some things really fast. ;)

@Mondy:
Hehe... I know only you can think of such things. Dont worry, I wont name that entry "The first bug". What say for "KISS: Kept It Short and Simple" for any such entry if it comes in future? :)

@Satyajit:
tsk tsk...
Thanks. Bravery is another name to foolishness, right?