Mar 16, 2007

kulfi, mocha and smoke -1

Juhu beach reminded me of those days when I used to go with my family to parks or those famous "family" picnic spots. Tiffin party, we used to call such trips. These tiffin parties had their distinct charm. Home made food, a game or two of tambola, some running around here and there in the garden and there you had a nice family outing.

Saw the same scenes at Juhu beach last evening. Families eating together, laughing together. Sitting on the sand, watching the red sun set slowly at the horizon, it was a feeling of satisfaction. Those masala dane and chana jor garam tested much better than the sandwich I had at the airport. Malai kulfi, or as my friends ate it assuming it to be bhang kulfi, was no lesser a pleasure than the ice-cream offered in the in-flight dinner the previous night. It was simplicity at its best.

And guess, what else did we do sitting at the beach. We tried to recall all the Urdu words we know. Who's idea was it to do such a thing? Yes, you guessed it right. None other than our own creative genius Baba. I still wonder from where does he get all such weird ideas. Nevertheless it was fun. A well deserved fun after the day's work. Can you believe we came up with words like bekhudi, ilm, ashra, vazeer, naamakul and what not...

vellapanti at its best!!!
I just love it...

5 comments:

Mondy said...

cool man...that must be fun..and how was ur interview?

Pritesh Jain said...

which interview are talking about.. :) it is called my date with the destiny...

Ravi Heda said...

naamakul is one of my favourite urdu words ;) naam cool hai bhai... haha

anoop... said...

good to see you after a pause!!!!
really thats a great fun to eat around the corners of the city (ask an Indorian like me!!!), really missing those road side fun after reading your blog!!!!

satyajit said...

oye it was awesome fun, i must agree..bahut dinon baad timepass kiya :-)