Feb 14, 2007

Bookless in Baghdad

I have not read Bookless in Baghdad by Shashi Tharoor. But I chose this title coz it aptly relates to the phase I have been through.

How would it feel if you are left in the middle of nowhere and no one to give you company? "Alone, Not Lonely," taking the cue from Reema's blog.
You tend to forget that there is one person always giving you company and that one person will always be with you, no matter how good or bad time is. That one person is none other that you. If you believe in God, you can call it God. If you don't, you call it your self. We come to know about it's existence only when we are all alone. Then only it's voice can be heard. Otherwise we just ignore its existence altogether.

I faced a similar situation recently. I went to a very beautiful place and my camera was not working. How did I feel?

I felt cheated and lost. Sense of failure overshadowed my feelings. I felt so sad that my camera was not there to capture the beauty that I forgot that I had my eyes and other senses to do precisely the same. One sense ruled all the others, logic was butchered. It took me sometime to realise this fact that it was I who was not more bothered about the camera and surely I can do without it. I, then, tried to enjoy the beauty and guess what, the place was more beautiful than it looked at the first sight.

This happens to all of us sometime or the other. In the heat of the moment we tend to ignore the importance of what we already have and wish for something which is not with us. Ghar ki murgi dal barabar hoti hai. Art of happiness teaches you one very basic concept of feeling contended with what you have. I wish I can master this soon.

5 comments:

Anand Sarolkar said...

"Abhi khush nahi raha sakte to kabhi khush nahi raha sakte" right?

Pritesh Jain said...

Ekdum sahi kaha Anand.
Live for the moment is the buzz word.

Goli said...

Yups, can identify with those moments... but these days i always carry a book with me irrespective of where i go, in railway booking queue, or waiting for someone at restaurant, or some remote place... it is great to have a nice book....

Pritesh Jain said...

Thats the slavery I am trying to avoid. Ofcourse reading is a very good habit and it helps you pass your time. But is n't a way of escaping from the moment. One can always meet new people there in those long queues and talk to them, make new friends.

Nirek said...

I am in your side for this argument. At times the thoughts in alternative paradigm like this saves us from frustration that we miss something!