Sep 21, 2006

sCRAP BOOK

Someone has cut my nerve. It is bleeding very fast. I am dying. I have never felt so miserable and helpless.

I come to office and I see that my computer has been disconnected from the network. Some crazy virus attacked my computer, so the IT helpdesk in my company decided to remove it from the main network for sometime. They need this time to fish out the virus and kill it. But without access to internet, I am feeling like killed now.

I always used to think that I had no compelling habit; there was nothing which would make me addicted. But, now I feel, it’s not true. I have become addicted to many things. Be it browsing and internet, or my wrist watch. Only when you lose something you realize how miserable you are without it. ghar ki murgi daal barabar hoti hai.

My watch
I don’t remember for how long I have been wearing a wrist watch. It all started as a child’s fantasy and grew up with time. I kept changing my watches, lost one or two, bought many new. But always there was at least one watch in my possession. My wrist never was alone. I formed a habit of looking at the watch frequently. Even if there is a big wall-clock in the rom, I would see my watch only. I was kind of addicted to it. Few weeks back, I lost my only watch and after a long time, my wrist felt lonely. Still I turn my wrist to check time and realize that it’s no more there.

Internet
This is another addiction I acquired in college days. For someone who never bothered much about mails and internet before entering college, this is a big thing. I am so addicted to it that daily I need to check my mails, visit orkut and read some articles. Last few months, I added one more task to it – read and write blog. Today when I don’t see the network connectivity, I feel so miserable. Whenever I go home, I feel this pain (there is no internet connectivity there). It becomes very difficult. But some things you really can not help. J

Ek aadat si hai mujhko, mujhe jeene do…

ps:
1. I am buying a new watch very soon.
2. I am trying to call the IT help desk but nobody is responding. Damn.
3. This blog entry is right now saved on my desktop. I hope it sees the light of the day soon.

2 comments:

Vatsy said...

Arey it seems there is some problem with lucent network.. even my comp was guilty of sending too much traffic.. IT people unistalled all the messengers and all the softwares.. Thanks to meebo I can still come online. World seems so akela akela without messenger :)

Unknown said...

Moments.. yes that is all we have and i always try and hold on to them. It is people around me who seem to let them go and .....

thanks :)