Oct 20, 2008

i want to become a "fighter plane pilot"

"What do you want to become when you grow up?" ask this question to any 5 year old kid and you will get an instant answer. Doctor, Pilot, Miss India, Engineer, Actor ... what not...
Ask the same question to grown up people, you have put them in a fix. If you happen to be in a well known institute of management in western India, the answer would be something like this -
I want to become an IBanker. So what Lehman is no more. I have many other option.
Two minutes later...
I want to become a Consultant. I love working with CEOs you know.
Two minutes later...
I am made for marketing. I am a brands guy. HUL here I come.
Two minutes later...
I want to get into a high-paying job. Show me the money...
I am sure by now you must have lost your patience. :)

This is bitter truth. It is the same everywhere. We have grown up to become more confused. I wish they had given me my pilot licence when I was 5. Itna tension nahi hota life me.

ps: Got my second rejection letter today. Another IBank. WTF do they think they are. :)
Thanks Neha for the insightful and fun filled chat that prompted me to write this post.

2 comments:

broca's area said...

more ur mature..more the indecision bites u!!

Rhiannon Rhythm said...

:):)nice!! so Iam the inspiration!! :D