Jul 6, 2008

RAMP

After a grueling week filled with loads of activities [all academics related that is], the nicest way to beat the heat is to let yourself lose and dance your heart out.
RAMPs here give such a platform to everyone. A night filled with music and masti.
We had our first RAMP last night. A dance party where everyone was invited.

If you ever thought that these RAMPs are the place for singles to get lucky, think again. 19 girls and 300 guys - this is our batch composition. This is one thing for which I will curse IIMA profs my whole life. Arre yaha to koi chance dete. :(

Anyways.

The dance floor was no different from what we used to have in hostel functions in college. All guys dancing their heart out. Bhangra to dandia to free style and even the snake dance. I-me-myself Dance [origin not known] needs a special mention here. This is one form of dance that does not require any skills. No matter where you spent your life [hostel or home] you have got to be an expert this. Its an inborn skill.

I did some dancing too. You might ask "Bapu!! aap aur nach gana???"
Arre!!! I did dance. Trust me you don't want to see what steps I did in those 2 odd hours. :)

Most of what I have described so far is something I had expected. So not much disappointed. Ab to aadat si ho gayi hai...

But what disappointed me was the enthusiasm from my fellow fachchas. Just about half of the batch was present there. That is in the first RAMP. Even if one is not the party type, missing such an event is sad. It's part of culture, and we are slogging our ass off here to be part of this place. Everything has its first. And I feel this was the best opportunity for anyone. Best part of these events is that nobody judges you for anything. You get to be yourself. I am really happy for those who came. We might not have gotten what we had fantasized but still we got to become ourselves. And that is important.

Tomorrow I get one more chance to do something that I have never done. It's out of my comfort zone. But it is part of culture, so I know my comfort zone will have to expand. I am here to become part of this glory and I will not miss any damn thing that makes me feel one.

Keep reading for lots of updates from Dorm-3 Room-23

Till then, Good Night. :)

2 comments:

broca's area said...

hope urdance steps where not like a comedy movie!!.....rofl

Shashank said...

i like that! :)
keep it up!... as you have mentioned there is first time for many things ..
padh ke achcha laga ki you have decided to do what you felt like doing..! :):)