Jul 23, 2008

From PritS to Boondiii

Best foot forward
22nd June - I landed in WIMWI campus. My family accompanied me when I entered the gates of this news world. The shine in my parents' eyes said a lot, I was taking a giant step in my future. Dorm 3 Room 23 became my new abode. Parents looked satisfied with the setup and left with tears in their eyes. Shine and tears - its pure love.

Day 0
First day at new place has its own charm. The impressions that you make this day are imprinted in your memories for your whole life. Registration, Bank formalities and Inaugral lecture - activities kept me busy the whole day. But still there was something in the air that made me beleive that it was going to be one of the most significant days in my life.

Dorm 3 Room 23
I was alloted Room 23 in Dorm 3. Those of you who have been to IIMA campus would recall that this dorm used to be the only co-dorm in this campus. A majestic building with 30 odd rooms. 19 of us PGP 1s and 6 from PGP 2s batch. A great mix of people from all part of countries and varied backgrounds. First impression - this is going to be a great experience. Simply great!! Dorm 3 calls itself "Dorm 3, The TE3N Spirits". I have become part of this spirit.

Section A
Rated A, known for their high grads and winning performances in TNites, that is how we describe our section junta. Section handoff ceremony that happened on the night before our first class, was amazing fun. It was the first platform where we got to know our section, and ofcourse tuchchas from PGP2s. As with other things, section system has its culture too. And roots to this goes long back. Looking forward at TNites that is going to follow our slot exams in Aug 1st week.

Boondiii
Culture and heritage prevails in thie campus. There are things that do not make much sense but still happen with great enthusiasm and dedication. Dorm Names is one such experience. Each and every student who lives in these dorms, gets a dorm name. This name is a tag that will be associated with him/her for the rest of the life. I, from now on, am known as Boondiii on this campus. As soon as I expand my horizon [read at summers and then final job] more and more people will know me by this name.

These are just few moments from my life in last month or so. There are so many things that I want to share, but not getting time. Still...
Here are some of the moments from my birthday celebration in the dorm.
Video [Bday invite], Photos

1 comment:

broca's area said...

hmm... i remember the first day in my college !!....such memories are worth cherishing!!!