Sep 3, 2007

bookworm

What a productive saturday it was. I bought 6 books and got two more from a friend. Its going to rain books next few months. Expect to see some reviews and discussions here for the same.
Here is what just got added to my collection:
  • Animal Farm by George Orwel. [I have read this book, bought just to add to collection. Any booklover can not afford to miss it.]
  • Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwel [ After reading Animal Farm, I know I have to read more by the writer. Priyanka's recommendation. And just FYI, this books features in top 100 books list in most of the literary reviws sites.]
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner [Needless to say I have been delaying reading this book. Finally bought it. Chandu is having nice time with it these days.]
  • iWoz by Steve Wozniac [This is for Saurabh. Actually after reading iCon, I knew I had to read about the other Steve too. Saurabh is sleeping with it till I am busy with 1984]
  • The End of the Affair by Graham Greene [This one is on a recommendation. My first attempt to read Graham Greene. Lets see how it goes.]
  • Love in the time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez [This is second time I bought this book. Have not read it though. Gifted to a friend last time, given to a friend this time. Hopefully I dont need to buy it a third time. Sucharita would be cursing me for not reading it still.
Few more coming soon in the collection. And yes, I am going to read them. As fast as I can. Needless to say, if you want to borrow anything, you are most welcome.
And recommendation are always appreciated.
Rout I always look forward at your suggestions. And don't think I have forgotten about "A Clockwork Orange."

2 comments:

Nasal Crooner said...

Add to these 'Above Average' by Amitabha Bagchi..
a very nice read!

satyajit said...

very cool..i suggest you broaden your horizons with ayn rand's we the living, fountainhead, and atlas shrugged in that order