Sep 19, 2007

anamika...

A pretty face attracts everyone. It has a charm of its own that makes you look for it again and again. You search for it in the crowd and somehow spot it every time. Amazing!!! Human nature is indeed amazing.

Add to it its name. It might not seem that enchanting an experience as looking at the face itself. But then think of it, don't we all have a dream girl who has a name. Be it Senorita or Maya or anything else. Lets call her Anamika. Its plain human nature to associate a name to everything. Forget pretty faces, even worst of our fears have name too. Everything has a name.

But for you the Anamika has no name as of now.

And now try to associate a name to the pretty face. This has been one of my favorite pastime in office these days. Of course I do it only during the break. There are so many pretty faces in my office and so many of them I don't know by name.
I can do two things in such scenario:
1. Find out their name.
2. Associate a name to them.

And trust me, both have been fun so far. I see this girl daily while having breakfast and somehow her face always keeps me thinking. I tried to find her name. I asked my friends in the company who I thought had some clue about it. I tried checking company intranet. I checked the bus routes and so on. Its like those little tricks we play as kids. We know there are always better way to do it. But the fun always lies in doing it rather than the result. The day I find her name, the charm might go. It's the game and not the result that gives me a kick.

And guess what!!!
There came one more girl like her. And then another. Its been so much fun all along.
Many a times I see two of them together. Its fun all along. Game is becoming interesting.
I gaze at all those faces and enjoy it every time. And I still think of new and innovative ways to find the name.

Come to the second point: associating a name. This one is also good fun and really provides a lot of food for thought. Have you ever had a dream-girl named Surpankha. No, right? Why not? Coz this name is somehow related to an image that we really can not have a dream girl. Most of the time the name is Aishwarya or Senorita. It can even be Maya but not Mayawati. It's human nature to have association between what we see and a name. Think about it sometime. It will be a great fun. I am thinking of names for these faces. For now let them be called Anamika... :)

2 comments:

Dreamzzzz said...

sirji ...some ppl might have been trying to figure outu r name too...:D

Goli said...

aahe hai...Too much.. Good luck.. reminds me of IIT days where we used to keep names of girls, (ofcourse the girls who used to come in our tech fest), champi, lal kurti, etc. :).

Hope you find more about her soon..