Aug 16, 2007

azadi

I am not a patriot.
I did not watch the Independence Day celebration function on DD1 in morning.
Neither did I listen to Honorable Prime Minister's speach. It never made much sense to me anyways.
I did not even buy a plastic flag for my vehicle or home.
Neither did I stop the person selling the tricolor with red white and green colors. I did not.
I did not wear a orange head band and go out triple riding my bike.
I was not the policeman stopping such bikers who clearly were breaking the rule of very nation whose independence they were trying to celebrate.
I did not sing any patriotic song. Neither did I listen to any.

The whole day I lazied in my bed.
Read a novel.
Ate junk food and then was glued to the tube.

While watching Lakshya I cursed our failed diplomacy and felt bad for those soldiers who sacrificed life in Operation Vijay and for that matter any such WAR.

A War against the terrorism they call it.

I am no more a patriotic. I just pay my taxes. And thats me the Indian.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes... Celebrating Independence seems so ironical wen u r made to celebrate a day like yesterday :x

Wat u did was true Independence :)

Cheerio!
Su

Deepak Vijayvergiy said...

Paying taxes is a great thing in itself, to honor the law and the nation.
I appreciate ...

Alistair D'souza said...

I went biking outta the city... needed that fresh air :-)

SUCHARITA ROY said...

we used to have functions in school...my hostel is by its side...so the independence day chorus competition...(in which i used to be a lead singer as a soprano once till i passed out) i still listen to....and it gets on my nerves...instead this time i ran home with the comp and sat myself down with "the bluest eye"...read it if u havent ...its an awesome book and i agree with everything about the blog part yu did on 15th ...for me its only nostalgia...and a sadness that i dont sing as i used to..and i am also dreading paying taxes...which will be coming soon :D