Mar 31, 2008

Maribetta Trek - part 1

Last whole week I tried my best to convince people for a trip to Hampi. But somehow it didn't work. And then I left it on Nams to arrange a some small trek on weekend. Thursday night we got the good news that we were going to 'Somewhere'.

Nams's plan was like this - 'Some' of us are ready for the trek. 'Some' of us are not free on Saturday morning. So we leave 'Sometime' in afternoon to drive down to 'Someplace'. It's an hour long drive, and a small trek. We will trek in evening and stay on the top. Sleep there in night, enjoy the lovely morning and then come back after breakfast. Then drive back to Bangalore. We will be back by noon.

So far so good.

Satuday morning 11am I get a call from Nams. She says, "We are supposed to leave at 12 noon. Jiju is taking his car. We will 'Somehow' adjust in that. So come fast, we have to collect the sleeping bags and food stuff." I, still half-awake on a lovely Saturday morning, rushed through my morning chores and met her at 12:10 pm. I haven't had lunch as yet and a 'lunch-time' was not there in Nams's itinerary. I am missing something for sure.

12:45 we pick the sleeping bags and move to drop them to Sheru's place. I see a ray of hope. Sheru is supposed to be a good cook. So like a besharam, I ask her to invite me for lunch. She obliges (I hope she did not think that this lunch will compensate the IceCream deal). Khichdi is on the menu and trust me it sounds so great on a day when you have taken it for granted that your are missing your lunch. We wait at Sheru's place for khichdi to get prepared and in mean time Nams calls other. They are all 'on their way'. Jiju is 'ready'.

I have nice khichadi at 1:30pm [yes, you read it right. We were 'supposed' to leave at 12] and then move to Tasty Bites to pick up food for evening. It's 2:30 and now Nams recalls that she has to take permission from her dad. There's not much time left for that, so chuck permission. She informs her about the trek. The stage is set for a mahasangram as soon as she is back from trek [coming soon in next episode of kyunki apni bhi kabhi ek beti thi]. Nams collects her bag and we all meet on Kanakpura Road. Jiju is 'ready' and is 'on his way'. The eternal wait. He comes at 4:00 pm and finally we are all set to go.

We are 7 of us and Jiju's car can not accomodate more than 5. Matter-of-factly I was asked to ride my Honda Dio. I knew it was coming. God save me!!!

In the mean time I get a call saying one of my uncle [some family friend. I have not met him in this lifetime] is coming to town at 4:30 and he is supposed to stay at my place. I am in dharam-sankat. I think for a moment, and eureka!!! Call ravi/chandu/saurabh and tell him to host the uncle. Afterall even I have not met this uncle yar. Problem solved. :)

And we start on our journey.

5 of them in Jiju's car.
And 2 of us on my ram-pyari dio. :)

2 comments:

Shashank said...

yeh nams ne tere ko bahut pareshaan kar rela hai .. kaho tou tapkwaa doon isko .. kya bolta hai beedu!:):) .. jk! :)

satyajit said...

hehehe... kitne baje pahunche tum log? aur kya kiya?