Jul 16, 2007

A Wild Sheep Chase

I just concluded reading A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami.

Finished reading it? Yes, at least for now.

Finished munching on it? No, not yet started actually.

It will be a long while before I can do so. For this is one book which will surely make you think a lot. To be honest, after a full read also I could not understand most of it, or at least the end. I cannot even say that the end was unexpected as I did not even expect anything. Just kept going with the flow and I reached the end. The journey is the reward, as the old Chinese (or is it zen?) saying.

I enjoyed each and every moment of the time I read it. Author is master of twists and turns. Its a mystery cum thriller cum philosophical story. Each and every aspect will takes its own time to sink in your mind and heart.

And I am all set for a second read to understand it more closely.

ps: Thanks a lot Rout. I really enjoyed reading this book. Your recommendations are really great every time. Keep it up. I am starting with "My Name Is Red" by Orhan Pamuk. I am sure its going to be one good read as usual. :)

2 comments:

Goli said...

I also want to read Huraki Murakami sometime. WoW, you read books so fast, am struck at Shantaram for last two weeks.. :D

satyajit said...

your post was the last nail in a happy coffin...i bought "wild sheep chase" yesterday...