Jul 6, 2007

Every dog thinks it is his day...

Saw this article in TOI today. Could not stop myself from posting it with the title.

Sachin called me a chucker: Shoaib

Karachi: Controversial fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has said he would always be grateful to Jagmohan Dalmiya for supporting him when his bowling action was questioned for the first time and took a dig at Virender Sehwag for calling him a “chucker”.
Shoaib said he had a “terrible” time during his first encounter with controversy when his bowling action was suspected to be illegal. “That was a terrible period and it really hurt me. The first time, in 1999-2000, was awful. I’m always going to be thankful to Jagmohan Dalmiya, the then ICC president, for his support,” Shoaib said.
Shoaib, however, said he had to face a lot of taunts about his bowling action from other Indians such as Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag. “Sachin is a good batsman and humble person. (but) At the same time, I haven’t forgotten he once called me a chucker. I had to restrain myself. Virender Sehwag said the same thing and, today, he’s been chucked out of the team,” he was quoted as saying by the Dawn.
Regarding the dope episode, he said: “My own countrymen shunned me, with some even refusing to look at me. It was a terrible period. My hormone level fluctuates. I didn’t take drugs.”
Shoaib also often made headlines for being indisciplined on tours and quarrels with coach Bob Woolmer. “I admit to a big argument with him in South Africa earlier this year, when he suspected I was faking a hamstring injury. I exploded, for he had no business doubting my integrity and patriotism. Next day, Bob apologised as he was misinformed of my injury.”
PTI

The Quantum Theory:
AS says, "Every dog has his day..."
"Every bitch says that," replies Quantum.

No comments: