Jan 17, 2007

To win all, you need to risk all

Saw this nice line as status message in IM of one of my friend Goli - "If you want something you never had, do something you have never done."

True indeed. Nothing in this world comes to you just like that. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Dreams and then efforts to achieve those dreams are the prime factor which define your destiny.

"You dream, you seek for them;
You don't dream, they don't exist."

Our limits are defined by none other than us. Our inhibitions are the biggest roadblock in the path to success. Free yourself of all these and the world is yours. Success and Failure are all part of this game. Don't be afraid of any outcome. Its your efforts that matters.

Chandu clearly put it in his status message for IM - "To win all, you need to risk all."

7 comments:

Kautuk said...

That remids of my fav poem "If"

It says:

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

Ree said...

"If you want something you never had, do something you have never done."

i am taking it back with me from ur post, perhaps forever.

thank u

Pritesh Jain said...

@Kauts: I know. That poem is the best. I keep it close to my monitor in my office :) Incidently that was the first post I wrote here.

@Reema: I took it from Goli. You took it from here. Just pass it on.

Nishant Ratnakar said...

Nice post baapu:-)
Talking of dreams, I've written a post on this topic too about a familiar song. Do you remember reading it?

http://www.unconventionallife.blogspot.com/2006/12/freedom-my-chicken-soup-for-soul.html

Kishore Sainath said...

I would not necessarily agree that "To win all, you need to risk all".

A smart enough person could strive to win all by not risking much.

It goes back to your other quote "You dream, you seek for them;
You don't dream, they don't exist". We just need to dream to win all and do the needful in a smart way

Pritesh Jain said...

smartness is a virtue.
"To win all, you need to risk all" has importance on word all.

Alistair D'souza said...

nice stuff.... I think I have started taking bigger risks recently.... hope I remain that way :-)
but yeah one should not be foolhardy...