Jan 13, 2007

kabul express

How could I have done this? I still can not buy myself a valid reason as to why I didn't listen to Kabul Express soundtracks. How did I miss this classy music? I guess my dislike for Hindi film music is turning into an obsession. And the strangest fact remains that even though I liked the background score for this movie a lot, I still did not try to find out more about it. Poor me, or rather foolish me!!!

If I desperately try to find a scape goat, the first and most valid would be my disappointment with the movie. Somehow the theme of the movie made me expect a very fast paced and well structured storyline. But in reality this movie is just an ordinary attempt with loose storyline and badly handled theme. I shall discuss more about the movie itself in some other post.
Today it is time for the music.

So starting from my favorite part - the background score. Clearly the background music scores 100 percent. An absolute classy work, perfectly fit for the soul of the movie. Fluet with a suitable low bit drum (like tabla or matka) can make any piece of music very enchating. Afgan terrain could only complimented by such earthy music. Music director Raghav Sachar and background music director Julius Packiam have done full justice to the movie. Its amazing to see this much importance being given to the theme music for movies these days.

The storyline does not need any song (or dance sequence) and the director has done a great job respecting this fact. The soundtrack is just there to explore the mood of the movie. Raghav Sachar is surely successful in creating the proper effect for the same. Each and every song is simple and beautiful. Lyrics have been given their due, and they visibly echo the spirit of movie. Shubha Mudgal, Sunidhi Chouhan, KK and Raghav himself have sung songs that will rule any chart for a long time; altleast my heart for sure. Theme for the movie, and few remixes are simply addon for the album.

A worth buy on any day.
And guess what!! you can buy it from Yashraj's official site, that too selectively. Great work guys.

2 comments:

Nasal Crooner said...

Heard Kabul Fiza.. kinda liked it.
besides.. which are the other good numbers in dis album?

Pritesh Jain said...

Theme music is too good. Banjar is also good, one by Shubha Mudgal other by Sunidhi. Then there is one Euphoria like song called "Yeh main aaya kahan hoon"
If you ask me, give one chance to all the songs. I am playing all these for last three days.