Jan 24, 2007

confidential

Again taking it from Ji Mantriji. [oh God!! this thing is not going out of my mind]

Episode: Gade Murde
[Mantri Suryaprakash's diary continues]
I had no free time to talk to Kaul on his own yesterday. But first thing this morning, while I was doing my letters, I had a serious discussion with him. I asked him how Mathur had found out yesterday that I was with Kumar.

'Bhagwan ki leela aparampaar,' he said earnestly. [God moves in his own mysterious ways - Ed.]

'Let me make one thing quite clear,' I said. 'Mathur is not God. Okay?'

Kaul nodded. 'Ji sir. Will you tell him, or shall I?'

Very funny. But again I asked him how Mathur knew where to find me.

I am fortunate that my dictaphone was running. I noticed it some minutes later. As a result I am able to record his reply for posterity in this diary.

'Confidentially, Mantriji, everything you tell me is in complete confidence. So, equally and I'm sure you appreciate this, and by appreciate I don't actually mean appreciate, I mean understand, that everything that Mathursaheb tells me is in complete confidence. As indeed everything I tell you is in complete confidence. And for that matter, everything I tell Mathursaheb is complete confidence.'

'So?' I said.

'So, in complete confidence, I am confident you will understand that for me to keep Mathursaheb's confidence and your confidence means that my conversations must be completely confidential. As confidential as conversations between you and me are confidential... and I'll just get Sudeep Sengupta as he's been waiting to see you Mantriji.'

There it is. Word for Word. What was I supposed to understand from that? Nothing, of course.
[diary continues... - PritS]

- Imagine watching this scene on TV, in super refined Hindi and with finest of acting. God level indeed!!!

No comments: