Dec 4, 2006

it smelled like the first date...

I always doubted my ability to remember certain things. Two of them I can surely discuss here:
  1. What dress someone wore on a particular day? I certainly can not remember what someone wore on any day. I don’t even remember what I wore two days back. Only after smelling a shirt can I confirm if it was used recently or not.
  2. What was special about some day? Be it a meeting or a date. I somehow can not remember anything. I just live that day and then kind of forget most of it. Too bad for me.
But yesterday I realized that it is not totally truth. I do have certain memory cells working on this aspect of past.

Yesterday I identified a smell, a fragrance. I recalled it from my memories. It dated back to almost a year back. It was the smell which I cherished on my first date. I certainly remember it. I lived with it yesterday. I slept with it last night. I know I loved this smell, and the person who wore it. I did love it.
I am happy about myself today.

2 comments:

satyajit said...

wow pj! so well put :-)let it linger a little longer

Pritesh Jain said...

remember Mein Aajad Hoon...
the writer knows the truth...
Readers think of it as an amazing storytelling but its the author who knows that the story was inked with blood.
Anyways... I shall try to write more if I could find myself in such mood.