Dec 5, 2006

D.C.T.P.

DCTP - an abbreviation for Digital Camera Time Pass. This term was coined in pre-final year of Engineering by our own Vishal Tripathi. It was the favorite pastime for all the vella soon-to-become-engineers in his circle.

And I could not escape from this addiction. So the day I bought my camera, latest Nikon Coolpix S4, I started on my journey of DCTP. Luckily I got a good break in terms of Sapta's company in nascent days of my photography. He showed me the enthusiasm required for photography. Mind you, he did it with his sheer passion, while for me it was just an extension of DCTP. The experience from my Gokarna Trip was soul enriching.

My trip back home followed it. I wanted to shoot Narmada for hours but to my luck it rained continuously and I did not get any time to shoot at Narmada Ghat. Still I clicked over 600 odd photos and collected an amazing collection. Some of them are ready for print and should be a good surprise for anyone to see.

Back from home, I got too absorbed in life. Life became standstill for sometime, while at others it was too fast for me to catch up with. Somehow my camera gave me company in many of those lonely moments. Now I was searching for much more than mere DCTP. I want to explore the world from behind the lens. Just be a silent spectator and view world through my camera.

Day after day I would look forward for time and places where I can use my camera. Pune trip, then 'historic' morning walk in Lalbag, Parasailing - some of the best moments I captured with my camera. The silence of nature teaches me more than anything else. Life is entrapped in each and every pixel and I want to capture them all.

I am looking for many more such small trips in and around Bangalore for using my camera. Anyone interested can contact me at the_pritesh@yahoo.co.in or leave a comment here.

5 comments:

Goli said...

I would love to do the same thing, but just instead of a cam, i would love to pick my acoustic guitar... :D

Pritesh Jain said...

@goli : Oh.. that would be great...
Let me see... we shall plan such a trip soon...

Ravi Shekhar said...

so u are admitting that u have become a best at DCTP..
i think u have missed one fact that u take very good pic of the persons from back...

Pritesh Jain said...

:) I shall share those soon...

Anonymous said...

Sahi hai Bapu.Meri photo kab le rahe ho?