Nov 11, 2006

Cracking CAT for Dummis

It was a boring afternoon. With lots of hope, I switched on the idiot box (read TV). I surfed through all the channels, and to my surprise none of them was playing Himesh Reshmiya song. Thank God!!! At last they have decided to show some mercy on us. Or is it the silence before the storm? Don’t forget that He is coming in a movie now. Forget him, why should I waste my time talking about him.

So I was surfing through all the channels, and guess what I found. Atleast two of them were showing program on “how to crack CAT?”. Considering the fact that CAT 2006 is round the corner, programs talking about CAT should not be a big surprise. But “how to crack CAT” !!!
Various experts and former IIM students talk about various Do and Don’ts about preparing for CAT in these programs.

For God sake, someone please tell these so called intelligent people that:
  1. CAT is not some three months away; it’s happening just the next Sunday. Time for preparation is already over. Now it's time for revision. I guess the producers for these programs are very optimistic people. They must have hopes that some of the aspirants must have lost all their hopes by now and would be planning to prepare for CAT 2007. These program look catering to these lot.
  2. Most of the “serious” aspirants would be hardly watching TV these days. Its only jobless people like me who are watching their show.
I missed most of the show. I was cursing myself for switching on the TV so late. If I had seen the whole show I would have known the success formulae for cracking CAT and then I would have surely got the change to say FO to my company.
But alas…
I missed it…
One last thought…why did they not call their show…
“Saat din… CAT in…”

2 comments:

satyajit said...

this is hilarious...the show shud be named 'how to crack the next cat?'

Goli said...

I feel glad and many more feel happy not to see himesh reshamiya...